Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, October 14, 2024

Word Garden Word List--The Book of the Dead

 

Hello my little hauntlings! Welcome this week's Word List poetry prompt! It's October, the time when witches fly, apples get bobbed and mums adorn every front stoop. And so, I thought that The Book of the Dead: 13 Classic Tales of the Supernatural would be--ahem--a natural for our List!

Let me be clear. Your poem needn't be spooky in the least. Yes, I am on tenterhooks to read about your various ghosts and goblins (what ARE tenterhooks anyway? They sound awful) but you are perfectly free to write about the sweet little unicorn who lives in your candy jar if that thought takes hold in your tormented--


Okay, I'll stop. I'll stop! What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new, original poem of our own. Then simply link up, visit others, and wait until midnight when strange noises awaken you and a cold chill runs down your spine. OR, you get up to fix some tea and then settle down in front of a rerun of The Golden Girls. Either way works!

And now, your List:

announcement
bells
box
constant
fit
invitations
kindness
kitchens
ladder
Latin
library
lucid
pleased
remembered
restored
ring
signal
symptoms
thunder
timid

11 comments:

  1. Love the list Shay, and maybe I will surprise you with spooky, and maybe I won't....probably won't. LOL I have nothing against spooky, just tend to veer into the other direction where I bump into hope and regret and take them along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything you write will be a pleasure for me to read, Carrie.

      Delete
  2. I bombed again last week. Only some stinker lines about Al Pacino in “Scent of a Platypus.” Not… fit for consumption. (Or maybe suffering from consumption…) Will catch up on everyone’s posts the last few weeks. And… this time for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why that did not make the cut. Do better this week, poet! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the seasonal words (yet again I stole the title! - or maybe I knocked on a door for it and was treated) Jae

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm heading out of town for medical tests, but will have my tablet with me to keep up with linkers. There just may be some delays in commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your word lists but don't always get the gears moving. The word "library" jumpstarted me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure what happened with my first link. Didn't seem to work.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?