Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Ghosts



Ghosts love roses--

I know this

Because every time I wear silver jewelry,

I catch their fragrance

And they tell me

Senora,

Mira,

The constellations gather

At your throat and fingertips.


Ghosts are fine dancers--

I know this

Because late at night after even dreams have gone,

The rain touches the curtains at my window

Lightly,

As a lover should;

Finally, when I am as empty as a wine glass,

They give me music

And forgetfulness made of glass and wood.


So, give me my silver jewelry

And toss me down a fragrant rose--

Though I will not stir, I will be dancing

With the ghosts who whisper,

Senora,

Are you ready, now, to go?

____________

9 comments:

  1. "The constellations gather

    At your throat and fingertips."

    I love those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be always dancing
    Be always ready
    The whispering ghosts
    Are always near

    I know this

    because I feel their presence...

    Peace, Fireblossom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe these ghosts you write about are Cuban. They must be if they enjoy roses and provocative dancing...and they call you Señora (or Chica)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Señora mia.
    What a beautiful piece you've left here today... for me a fresh breeze of new air... I love your dance Shay, I do.
    you have a way with those afterlife or during-life-and-not-seen-except for-my-friend-Shay creatures which astounds me.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopped over here from Jannies cuz of the title- I'm inteested in ghosts-
    Great poem! Smells are the hallmark of ghostly presence- never thought of the curtains like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I will not stir, I will be dancing
    With the ghosts who whisper,
    Senora,
    Are you ready, now, to go?


    This is beautiful... roses and ghosts... I will think of that... I will dream of that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice...sweet, mysterious and breezy.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?