Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Poetry, Writing Itself

I am not a Tweet.
I am sequential and chaptered.
You can't scroll to the good part.

I am not a plastic flower.
I am a bag of seeds,
and the picture on the front is only a hired artist's notion.

I am a vine that's been winding for years.
I'm not what you're used to.
I am rare, and thorned.

I have a bed, but you're not invited.
Not yet.
Grapes aren't wine fresh off the vine.

I am poetry, writing itself.
I am gorgeous blooms.
I will be these things seen or unseen, by sun or by moon.
_______
art at top by Gustav Klimt. 

11 comments:

  1. How perfect this is! "I am a bag of seeds"......"Grapes arent wine fresh off the vine".......and best of all, "I am poetry, writing itself." Yes, you are. And I'm so chuffed i get to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rare, you are poetry, you are a gorgeous bloom. You show up and tell the truth and I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This says so much about you Shay Shay
    "I will be these things seen or unseen, by sun or by moon."

    La La moskowhoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so, soooooo awesome. Love the boxed quote, too. (My seeds turn out better than the photo...tee-here...after only 40 years of growing stuff...) Sorry haven't been visiting much...been sick... Love & Hugs. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that was a beautiful read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This poem satisfies my taste buds (as weird as that sounds). I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are indeed poetry. What workmanship

    ReplyDelete
  8. It takes time to know oneself--and it feels good. Even if no one else has a clue. Lots of quotable passages here, but you know that--you wrote 'em. Still, these stay with me:
    'I have a bed, but you're not invited./Not yet./Grapes aren't wine fresh off the vine.'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your words and the words of Jonny Ox:~)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't scroll to the good part. I just love that.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?