Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Kiss That Frog

Hi.

You can trust me.

I'm just a dinky froggy on a flower.
I'm green as a banker's front lawn.
Cute as a bug.
Sweet as a pond in the morning in May.

You aren't French, are you?
Frere Jacques, frere Jacques , dormez-vous?
Um...
Alouette, gentille alouette
je te plumerais?
Non?
Good.

Look at my feet.
Look at them! Orange!

I've got eyes bigger than my brain.
Bigger than my body!
Are the stars out tonight?
I don't know if it's cloudy or bright...
Gee, I like you.
Pick me up!

Hey...
want to know a secret?
I'm really a handsome prince.
Pucker up, buttercup!
MMMMMMMmwah! Mwah!
Mw--
Um...
why are you not kissing me?

What do you mean you ran a background check?
What do you mean you searched ManHater.com?
It said what????
No, that's a mistake. 
That's not me.
That's my....cousin.
Honest!

Hey, don't go, we just---

Ah well.
Oh, looky here, who's this?
Pretty Woman, walking down the street...

Hi.
_______

for Margaret's "Let's Join The Children" goose at Toads.

the artwork is by a 10 year old 4th grader, and it is completely adorable.

 
 

7 comments:

  1. Poor Froggy. He needs to be missed so badly. Look at those BIG eyes begging for a smooch. Kiss kiss kiss. To quote John Lennon in A Hard Day's Night....give us a kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cracked me up.. such a deceptively sweet little frog (not prince).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as it occured to me, he was actually a prince, I got to that part. He is a cutie!!! Just lacks some of the social graces we would like for our frog to have. A delightful write. Reminds me of the summer, I rented an apartment, from a young couple, with a pond in their backyard, and every frog in the state of Texas, would come to the pond each night...such a chorus. Raise a racket, sing to high heaven. Didn't sleep a wink the whole summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Frog-prince scam, it's a sad, sad thing. This one looks a little manic to me. I would kiss Kermit, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no matter how many times you kiss/lick a toad, no prince charming magically appears - but then, who's to blame, if you can't figure it out for yourself, and have to take the licks of shame? blame? in the game of hippity-hoppity, bippity boppity booo hooo....

    oh dear, I've crossed over into another land ....

    but the image is wonderful - no need to rain on this parade of young dreams and bright colours - wow - gotta love how they see things ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I am commenting late - busy weekend getting daughter ready to move to NYC... (Montclair NJ) almost the same thing. I thought for sure you would write to that dog... but this cracks me up. Frogs are so noisy and are very social come summer nights! We love the Disney movie "Princess & the Frog" set in New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?