Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, June 10, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Night Road

 

Hello, my poodle skirt poets! (qbit, you in particular look quite fetching.) Right now, I am reading a novel by Kristen Hannah called The Women, which is about nurses during the Viet Nam war. I have only just begun it, but Hannah is a go-to author for me. Occasionally--especially in her early novels--she can be rather Lifetime Movie-ish, but she tore my heart out with Winter Garden, her novel about the siege of Leningrad, and this week's source Night Road. 

Kristin Hannah

Night Road
is about Lexi Baill, a former foster child with a dark past, who finds a new life with her great-aunt and best friend Mia. However, a tragic accident during the girls' senior year shatters everything. It really touched my heart and I never forgot it. 

What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Then simply link up, visit others, and drive safely on the way home. This prompt remains active until next Sunday. Enjoy!

And now, your List:

blank
bus
breathing
ceremony
chilly
faith
fragile
fruit
guppy
imagined
kiss
laugh
magic
memory
messy
novel
severe
silly
sleeping
weirdest

10 comments:

  1. Hi! Helen here ~~ I just finished The Women which I enjoyed, though not my favorite Hannah novel. The Vietnam chapters hard to read as my then husband was there in the thick of it.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's certainly understandable! So...which one of hers IS your favorite, Helen?

      Delete
  2. Words are coming reluctantly from me these days, but this list stirred a memory. Thanks for the word list, Shay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Sherry! That's the whole idea of this List thang.

      Delete
  3. That's a first for me. I used every word (or form of it) in my poem. I'll pat myself on the back...well until it's read. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are ambitious! I'm impressed because it's very difficult to use all the words and still write such a good poem.

      Delete
  4. I agree that many of her books feel Lifetime movie-ish but I haven't heard of these two. Winter Garden, especially, sounds good to me. I'll check these out. And maybe write to the word list if I can find the inspiration. Just posted something else close to my heart. I always always enjoy your writings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Yvonne. The only one of hers that I've read that I just didn't like was "Firefly Lane", which started fine, but devolved into the overdone someone-dying-of-something cliche. It was awful.

      Delete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?