Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, June 17, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Gracefully Insane

 

Hello my little madcaps! It's time once again for your Word List poetry prompt, and today our source is Alex Beam's book Gracefully Insane, a chronicle of McLean Hospital where such famous persons as Ray Charles, Susannah Kaysen ("Girl Interrupted"), James Taylor, and Sylvia Plath came at various times for treatment of depression and other mental disorders. I would give a review, but I haven't yet read it. I just happened to spot this one sitting on the top of (one of my) TBR pile(s). I simply decided to pounce upon it for the List. 


What we do here to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Then just link up, visit others (don't be the kind who makes use of the List but never visits anyone), and then let your mind wander, around the room or off the deep end. We're fine with that around here. 


This prompt stays active through next Sunday. Enjoy! And now, your List:

account
aimlessly
apologized
apply
cargo
cherished
claiming
cornerstone
cottages
happy
hellish
honeymoon
lobotomy
locked
mirror
popular
published
relaxed
stroll
understates


6 comments:

  1. I love the word list. I wasn't gracefully insane though. :) Thanks so much for the inspiration you always provide. It has brought me back to writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't resist taking on all twenty words again, Shay. I don't know how you do it, but the words you choose seem to spin a tale all their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An intriguing list - and book. Thanks, Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have such inspirational words - thank you - Jae

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?