Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Forward

In the instant of the time change,

I hid myself within the hour that was lost.

I waited quietly, growing one hair out of my head for each as yet unfulfilled desire;

When I emerged,

My lacks were thick and abundant, a beautiful kudzu, and I a Medusa.



I held my hand out, palm up,

Like the earth waiting for rain.

I dared the sky to strike me, and sent up the negative charge of my restlessness

To lure down the positive charge of promised satisfaction.



"You get around," I said to the storm, and danced with the wind in my silver shoes

Like a winning race horse.

Just give me the roses, I'll give you the empty places where I have just been, and a whole Sahara of the powder blush I bury myself in,

A dusty and bedeviled Moon Rabbit

Enchanted with Chang-O and all of the time she trails so carelessly behind her.



Medusas get lonely too, you know,

We get tired of scraping our soft lips on our stony lovers' faces.

This odd and artificial gap may be the only chance I'll get

To slip out of time,

To take a leap at something that might catch me,

To speak your name and then finally forget it,

To follow the beckoning life-beat of a heart that might

Actually love me back.

_______

13 comments:

  1. Even Medusa's have that desire to love and be loved?

    Makes them OK by me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Shay.... as always... and WOW with the words you choose to describe your feelings...
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been fascinated with the lost hour. This is stunningly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Shay. To know what happens in the lost bit of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bittersweet. I love this part:

    "Just give me the roses, I'll give you the empty places where I have just been, and a whole Sahara of the powder blush I bury myself in..."

    Wow...copyright that!!

    Happy Spring, Chica!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this this a lot, you look good leaping into the lake, receiving the positive charging :)

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  7. "My lacks were thick and abundant, a beautiful kudzu, and I a Medusa."

    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "To take a leap at something that might catch me" - to me, that's the essence of living.

    Beautiful, Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even Amazons want and desire to be loved too!~ I get this so deeply, and so profoundly moving into that lost hour of sleep, of rest, of reality. Where does the hour go exactly and sitting in it somewhere unfound is profoundly desirable.

    The love that we find will be ours...
    and not reliant on the whims or moods of others.
    xo
    gm

    ReplyDelete
  10. We should have such rituals for the time change.

    Which makes me almost sad that we don't do DST in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?