Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Waiting

Waiting,
For the next breath,
Like years
Falling backwards
Into a lifetime,

Waiting,
For the next heart beat,
Essential as kisses
Flowing inward
Then out to fingertips,

Waiting,
For the next idea,
Like vapor
Over a coffee cup,
Floating upward,
To lips that are

Waiting,
Like the next moment,
Full of
Wanting,
Craving,
Needing,

Waiting,
For what you might say next,
Falling backwards
Into life,
Through the blood,
Through desire
To the moment when a name changes everything,
Because it is the right name--

Waiting,
For the next
Breath,
Heart beat,
Idea,
Moment,

Trust it,
Let go,
Into what is coming,
Ready or not...

Waiting,
Knowing,
That it won't be long until it's here.
________

16 comments:

  1. SO many beautiful thoughts sprout from these seeds of wonder you plant, Shay. I could write a paragraph to correspond with each single line.

    So I shall pare it down to your words "Trust, Let go, Wait, Know..."

    ...that as selfishly human as I am, there might well be something else out there worthy of waiting for.

    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for the dawn.....


    Aloha from Hawaii my Friend!


    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting
    is so
    bittersweet.

    Waiting
    is a masterpiece of
    Poetry.

    Waiting
    for nothing.
    I have found beauty here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, Shay. I have no doubts at all that the wait will be completely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's almost as beautiful in writing.

    Waiting...for the next book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are always waiting... dreaming... hoping... stunning piece this is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been trying to focus on living more in the moment, but I do feel like I'm always waiting.

    Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's not wait no more,,, instead go and search for it!!!
    Damn!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waiting to gulp down all the good times, take them inside me where I can keep them forever.

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  10. From your lips to God's ear cher. This is beautiful. Truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so lovely .. reading it was like floating gently ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This carries you like waves. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautifully expressed Shay....this is you at your finest.


    of course you do draw out the humor in me so I have to add on a more mundane level....Hey this sounds like me and lottery tickets....hahahahahahah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always found the wait to be worth it.

    Beautiful job.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?