Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, May 13, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Help! A Bear Is Eating Me!

 

Good morning class! (bored nasal response) "Good morning Ms. Fireblossom." It's time for this week's Word List poetry prompt! Our source this week is a rather insane and howlingly funny novella by Mykle Hansen entitled Help! A Bear Is Eating Me!  


From the back cover:

JERK WARNING!

Marv Pushkin is pinned under his SUV somewhere in Alaska. He hates Alaska, nature, people, and especially his wife. He loves his SUV, his clothes, his money, his drugs, and himself. Marv Pushkin is such an asshole.

When I read this book, I was in stitches. It's hilarious. Marv Pushkin is a character you'll love to hate. Yes, he's being eaten by a bear from the first line to the last, and what he mostly does is complain and be as disagreeable as possible. You'll laugh! You'll cry! You'll root for the bear!


What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Subject, mood, and style are up to you; there need be no bears or Marv Pushkins at all, unless you want for there to be. But ask yourselves this: if you were alone in the woods, would you rather be confronted by a bear, or by someone wanting you to read their unpublished five-volume set of topical haiku? Either way, just write, link up, visit others and then leave a picnic basket unattended in Jellystone Park. This prompt stays active through Sunday. 

And now, your List:

bear
blubbery
Camero
children
costing
cute
dumpy-looking
evolved
freeway
furry
Godzilla
hospital
luxuriously
meds
Mexico
mints
pills
puddle
retarded
starry-eyed

17 comments:

  1. Bears reading Haiku -
    Basho’s words torn limb from limb
    Read of tooth and claw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK! OK! I don’t post any work for weeks then I spam you with a Haiku! I will take whatever punishment you decide fits the crime.

      Delete
    2. Go to the woods and start with Volume 1 of the topical haiku.

      river full of sludge
      runs beneath the cherry trees
      mutant fish gnaw bark

      Delete
    3. OK, posted something I didn’t hate.

      Delete
  2. I had a bit of fun with this one. So much serious stuff in the world - sometimes ya just gotta laugh! I did manage to use all of the words though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun is strictly prohibited but encouraged nonetheless. :-P

      Delete
  3. The comment section is as amusing as the post. LOL. I love bears. Will see if one will speak to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are an amusing bunch here at the Word List!

      Delete
  4. Intriguing prompt as ever- Just love this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it pleases, Alan. Looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with.

      Delete
  5. Well, I didn't go all haiku on you. I really didn't know where to start with it, but 2:00 am was a bit dark. Thanks as always for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haiku causes seizures, vomiting and death. Ask your doctor if haiku is right for you. If he says yes, get a new doctor.

      Delete
  6. Haha! That first image cracked me up! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be stolen for sure! Just ask my dog. I'm always bothering him, messing with his cute ears.

      Delete
  7. Yaay! Time for another WG list and putting on my Paddington Bear hat for inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I have been saying I would get here and failing miserably but I think I actually was successful this time. Looking forward to reading everyone's words!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?