Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Last Seen Leaving

 Hello my little runaways! Oops, I guess it was me whose Word List was missing last week when I wasn't feeling up to doing it. Allergies kicked my happy behind all up and down the boulevard! Plus, I totally overdid the physical activity and exhausted myself. But now I'm back, like a bad penny! And a day early besides!


Speaking of being missing, this week's List is taken from Kelly Braffet's novel Last Seen Leaving. Yes, I just recently did a List taken from another of her novels, but I just finished this one, so we're doing an encore. Got a prob widdat? 😏


This one is about a young woman who has disappeared and her mother's efforts to find her. Randa hasn't been abducted, though. She's just done with everything and living in a summer beach town unbeknownst to anyone. As always with this author, there is a deft mix of spot-on human emotion and the shadows of things that lurk in nightmares. Read it and find out what happens!

What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Then just link up, visit others, and then get in a car with a stranger. Wait, don't do that even though Randa, in the book, does. 😕 This prompt is active until next Sunday!

Your List:

appealing
beach
costumes
cows
cure
dubiously
evidence
eyes
goofy
kitten
Lucky Strike
millstone
paper
pilot
rose
sparks
sweet
trembling
underside
wanted

9 comments:

  1. I don't think I'm very appealing in a beach costume, but the poetry cows are off to the races!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mooves - I love it! Glad you are feeling better, Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are better, Shay. I may be a bit late reading the offerings as I will be traveling for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all in! You've exhausted me with this one. But I gave it my ALL for this 20. I had to revisit the '70's to do it and I hope you realize what a pain that was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to go back to 1974 and Neil Young for some inspiration ! Those were the days !!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?