Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Bell Buoy



It is the movement of the waves

That activates the buoy bells.


It is the action of the years that brings me to this place,

This evening,

This feeling which is familiar and yet difficult to describe

Or to be at peace with.


Living near the harbor,

One cannot escape the impermanence of things--


Love

Beauty

Health

Friends.


The action of the waves and of time,

Will bring sand and starfish

From every distant point.

And yet,

There is still tonight to be gotten through,

And the heartbreaking sound

Of the buoy bells.


________

11 comments:

  1. I have always loved the sound of the buoy bells, darling. They echo so hollowly and make me miss someone even if someone is nearby.

    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply gorgeous. And, definitely haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could picture the harbor in my mind's-eye.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.

    I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of buoy bells. I feel like I'm missing out on something important. This is the first I've heard of them. I'm off to Google buoy bells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a touching poem...nostalgic and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The antithesis of sirens .. no luring .. but detouring .. will they listen to the warning?

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?