Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Girl In Flame



What good is Athena with her bolts

Without the Night to receive her electric touch?

She'd be just another girl.

Just another girl

Walking out the door with her keys in her hand.


Look, I've brought you something.

Only my skin, only my blood that warms it,

Only my heart beating for the sound of your name.


Look, I've brought you the night's darkest hour, and these roses.

They are not red.

Not red!

What they are is

On fire in my hand.


What good is Athena with her bolts

Without the Night to receive her electric touch?

Just another heart, beating for the sound of your name.

Just another girl

In flame.

_____________

9 comments:

  1. Definitely some fireworks here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This went straight to my list of your top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intersting.

    Sounds like some fireworks worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While never having been a love machine man or even a lover of note; having fallen for a young firebolt near three decades ago...still I have never met any young Athena of any sort that would have the words "just another" attached to her intent or desire.

    I do like this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nights are so magical in your world. This is beautiful, Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how you create such wonderful things all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems now after reading Occupation and then this that something is up ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah baby, yeah, bold and dramatic and intense and full of longing... the way poetry ought to be in my not so humble opinion. Let love make you extra-ordinary! *struts*
    Kx

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?