Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Killing The Darlings



Everything simplifies--

Even the hardest truths...

Given time.


Do I have to kill

The darlings of my heart?

I don't want to.

That's why I have caressed the closing door

Long and lingeringly...

Wishing for a single moment more.


In August of 1814,

At three-thirty in the afternoon,

High winds were followed by a rain of frogs;

And so even the most unlikely events

Can occur at intervals.


I don't believe in these things--

Mermaids,

True love,

Future happiness...

But I admit that I have seen,

On wet afternoons,

How two drops close together on the pane, tend to run

Together and become

One.

_______

15 comments:

  1. But True Love is real. It is extremely elusive, no doubt, but very real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do i hear hope in this cynicism?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it, Mac? I hope you are right. Thanks for stopping by, as always. :-)

    Hi Twin! An alfie poem is one that asks "What's it all about?", after the song of the same name, which came from the movie of the same name.

    Yes, Kay. Busted. It must be because I haven't had my coffee yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two drops can become one but it's never like in the fairy tales.

    and btw, is that frog peeing as it jumps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one touches me deeply and I cant put into words why .. but thank you, dear Shay xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do think there is hope in the drops finding their way togethr down the window...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Excellent 55.

    Mine's at http://www.AliceAudrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.That was wonderfully written.
    And I like that frog image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ellen made me giggle and lose my train of thought.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes.
    It is real.
    I've seen,
    tasted,
    smelled,
    and felt it.

    I think, sometimes, I possess it.

    ....I wish it possessed me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey My Lady goddess... This is fabulous...those drops oh those drops!

    PS I must apologize for reading your mails! but I can't help it...They are such an ispiration! LOL

    Love you, woman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, believe in True Love. The world would be too sad without it.

    Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "That's why I have caressed the closing door

    Long and lingeringly...

    Wishing for a single moment more."

    Now I understand.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?