Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Football Game



The football players are getting like marshmallows.

The blockers squish.

The runners ooze.

The situation worsens steadily until the officials are standing there in the middle of a bunch of goo.

Players and teams are indistinguishable.

The commissioner is like a pudding in his seat and cannot be revived.

Angry fans surround the officials.

They speak of the money spent on tickets.

What are you going to do?

The officials are nervous.

There really is no provision...

_________

And now, please indulge me while I pander to my bestie, Mama Zen....

Happy Saturday. Go, Sooners!

__________

17 comments:

  1. These players/coaches/etc. could use a hardening agent. It sounds like they are playing powder puff football.;-)
    This girl is an OSU Beaver Believer. Go BEAVERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I especially enjoy the commissioner like a pudding in his seat who cannot be revived. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go team! :) I like to hear the game on in the background, but don't much care who wins. Unless it is the University of Georgia. Go Dawgs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Notre Dame and Boise here....best wishes ...and pass the chips and salsa....bkm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't follow football at all...it never made any sense to me (is someone going to shoot me now? lol).

    But whoever is playing and whoever wants whatever team to win, I hope it goes whichever way is best :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The truth is I don't follow football at all, but I faithfully root for any team my friends like.

    So now I see on tv that La Belette's OSU and bkm's Boise State are playing each other on blue turf. What's with that? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't forget my gators ...
    chomp !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. .... And UCLA! The Bruins won again this week and the whole town is thrilled (an amazed :-)

    Hope your team won too!

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is so cool how all of you are so excited about your teams!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations shay...it was obviously a good day for you...my team finally won this week so i can speak up...perhaps if we kept our players in line we might actually compete...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a sweet and loving "shout out" I don't know if I've ever read a more wonderful poem on football, and to your bestie too!!! YOU plainly ROCK!
    xoxo g

    ReplyDelete
  12. arsenal, arsenal, arsenalllll, arsen.ALL! hehehehe - we all KNOW that REAL FOOTBALL is played in one place and one place only... *runs off before i'm battered by Americans* xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meh. Bring on a real sport. It's (almost) hockey season baby! Woot!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?