Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Blackthorne & Celeste



I wasn't going to post this, having written it for sheer amusement. But then, wickedness whispered to me in the form of....well, I shan't name her. (oOooo, I just said "shan't". For my next trick, I'm going to sip Darjeeling with my little finger stuck out, just so. See? How cool am I? Don't answer that! We haven't got all day.) Now, as all of my regular readers know, when faced with the temptation to do evil, I generally cave immediately, thereby leaving me more time to actually perform the deed. And so, shower her with hosannas or bombard her with brickbats as you choose, but my friend prevailed, and so here is this lovely bit of doggerel, entitled...

BLACKTHORNE & CELESTE


Blackthorne crouched in his garret
Working feverishly on "Ode To A Backed-Up Drain"
Brooding in the dark--
Wracking his brain--
So very somber deep and serious was he
About finding a way
To shock the industrial bourgeoisie
That he hadn't bathed in weeks
Such that the dirt lay upon him in streaks.

His lady Celeste, light and airy
Dashes off poems
In the haiku form
About unicorns, sprites and fairies
Sort of a Sino-Celtic headache
In verse,
To make strong persons curse
Their fate
In having to read it.

They were married in the park
In June in the rain in the dark
His verse got bleaker,
Her haikus, weaker,
And now there's no telling when or if they will stop.

_______

dedicated to Charles Bukowski and Jewel, the finest poets of our time   

8 comments:

  1. "A Sino-Celtic headache in verse" may be one of the most hilarious lines I have ever read. I love the way you think and the way you write. Vastly entertaining! I actually HAVE a Sino-Celtic headache this morning, ack!
    Just. Shoot. Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very somber deep and serious was he
    About finding a way
    To shock the industrial bourgeoisie


    To make strong persons curse
    Their fate
    In having to read it.


    Shay, I can never get enough of your brilliant words. I love, love, love this!

    Merry Christmas, dear Fireblossom, and all the best to you and yours.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of liked this lovely bit of doggerel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clapping!!!!!! and I hope you never stop either .. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is some damned fine doggerel ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the refinement and delicacy, particularly of the accompanying illustration of that celebrated bard, Bullwinkle J. Moose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bluebirds of happiness! A unicorn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to hear the "Ode to the Backed up Drain"
    sometime ok?
    I know it's in there with everything else- magnificent
    do you have a ghost writer? ( don't - I know the answer)

    Moonie smiles

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?