Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Idle Hands

Idle hands are the devil's workshop
That's why I've dropped by
To see you again, my love

It is a failure of the heart
To tear someone else's apart
And stomp on the pieces, singing.
I would never do that
I would never...well maybe just the once
And I did say I was sorry

Idle hands are soon steeped in sin
And that's why I've dropped by
To see you again, my love

I realize
You don't feel the same
Still, no one can hear you
Call me those names
Let me in
Let me in
Let me in
Just pretend I'm a nice person
What have you got to lose?
What harm can it do?
Let me in
And put these idle hands to work again, my love.
_______

13 comments:

  1. "Well maybe just the once..." I love how you throw in the unexpected line like that. :)

    PS - I'll have you know my hands are busy this morning...typing away at the keyboards soon to play Christmas songs on the piano. Happy Saturday, Chica!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This satanic workshop sounds fabulous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a lovely yet haunting refrain.

    Wow, how have you been?

    Miss you
    love
    g

    ReplyDelete
  4. "stomp on the pieces, singing"......you write so brilliantly. And I LOVE the jaguar on your side bar. "I am Woman. Hear me roar."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, in some cases idleness is a virtue you know, like 'where ignorance is bliss, tis folly to be wise' and so forth...I'm all for doing nothing, depending on the alternative. Nice perverse little piece full of some seductive temptations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah. Booty calls from Beezlebub are so damned hard to ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Just pretend I'm a nice person..." - that line is a heartbreaker, Shay.

    This poem is a lover's lament and beautifully crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you express how you feel through your poetry. Well done and yes, love that unexpected line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is it you make the Devil seem harmless ... even inticing?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen asks a very good question, most definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are nicer than you'll ever know, and that's part of the reason I like you so much, Shay!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?