Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Darling, It's Christmas



Darling, It's Christmas
Just take a peek out the frosty window
See our friends and neighbors
Coming together around their damaged cars
And exchanging blows

It's Christmas and once a year
We do these things
We hate
We hate
We hate
Put up the tree, string up the lights
Throw the rope over the cross beam
It's Christmas, it's finally here

Spending money I haven't got
Buying people I don't like
Things they'll never use--
Oh honey look
This one's for you

It's Christmas, and once a year
We pray at church
For the blessed thing to be over
Everyone's seething
Nobody's sober
Holly berries are poison
Come on over

Holiday hymns we take up
Until the police are called to break up
Another family Christmas
With the brandished cake knives
And the ruined lives
Oh,
Merry Christmas, darling
Of course you're fine to drive.

_________

An original work written by Fireblossom with hovering help from Babs St. Argent

14 comments:

  1. So funny! "Everyone's seething....come on over" - hilarious. I am doing a bit of seething myself - cant find my xmas decs in my sister's basement. Argh! Is it a Sign???

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very excellent reasons why I don't celebrate the holiday. Oops. Did I just say that out loud?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rum cake anyone? You can wash it down with some of this spiked eggnog.

    Merry Christmas, Shay - whether you like it or not! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is the truest carol I've ever come across. If we all feel this way, why do we still bother?

    ReplyDelete
  5. brandished cake knives

    Yes.

    string up the lights
    Throw the rope over the cross beam

    Yes.

    Spending money I haven't got
    Buying people I don't like
    Things they'll never use--

    I gave that one up...but yes.

    Let's see, cake knives, check, rope, check, booze, check...
    Ready for eggnog and dirges now. Fa. La. freakin La. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) yippers and mmmm hmmmm...

    you said it true, very cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly berries are poisonous?? Isn't that something? Beware of the mistletoe as well; I hear it can be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. I love the repetition of "hate" in a Christmas poem :).

    Thank you for your double-dutch jumprope rhymes today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All you forgot was the part where Mom throws the g.d. tree and all the presents out on the snow laden shrubs.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those last lines, wowza!! Indeed there are brandished cake knives and ruined lives. Ugh!
    LOL! Love that Babs is helping you.
    xoxo
    Weasel-Friend

    ReplyDelete
  11. pointsettas are poison as well...for pets

    Oh Shay you've hit the nail on the head with this one...there are some family members of mine I only see at Christmas..and I get to see them at their best :)

    I think the first thing I read of yours, reminded me of them

    Ahhh the brutal truth... on the end of that cake knife

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe Babs can explain it to me.
    Why, exactly, do we celebrate the gardners Birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's what happens when families gather...it's call "festive" :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is this how they do it in Redbook magazine?

    Oh, is that my Redbook in the truck?

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?