Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mysteries of Medicine, Love, and Cuisine



CSI's discover that donuts have a hole in them

And pledge themselves to finding out exactly who has stolen them.

Spaghetti noodles, it seems to me, are longer than they are wide

But what I want to know is if they're equal on either side?



There are no stupid questions

But the answers can be outlandish;

There are two sides to everything,

Which is a fine start toward a sandwich.



Dr. Ammadoujananakedlapedian Pooladelichiplipopoulos

Took time out from her busy day just so that she could talk to us.

A latrophobic friend of ours is also afraid of carrots;

Dr. Pooladelichiplipopoulos says he'll simply have to bear it.



Dogs are smarter than people,

Who, in turn, are smarter than fence posts;

But is that a reason for swelling pride?

Or endless, idle boasts?



Dr. Pooladelichiplipopoulos must now hastily depart

In order to place a want ad offering her extra heart

For rent or sale to any male who can recite Desiderata

While juggling stolen donut holes and doing the lambada.

______ 

14 comments:

  1. I have to go now - CSI will be knocking on my door momentarily wanting to apprehend both Riley and Charlie who are full of said donut holes (their weekend treats) and CSI will have figured out that we actually call them timbits and they are very very popular with both canine and humans.

    Now, if I can get out of here quickly and get rid of all forensic evidence (which means taking the dogs and their bellies full of donut holes) the elusive search might continue...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Word Garden

    When you are putting the end words in the lines, they are not always rhyming. Yet you are calling this poems. I am only making friendly commenting so you can improvement and learning make. Is very good otherwise.
    ~Dr. P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, I think I enjoyed Hedgewitch's comment as much as the poem:) Hmmmmm..........who does it make me think of??????
    I LOVE the big long name which I cant begin to pronounce.And the spaghetti, sandwich and fence posts!I can tell Bosco is home, you are happy:) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs are smarter than most people. I think you, lovely, may be smarter than the most brilliant dog.
    I think Dr. Pooladeli.... must be Greek. The poulous on the end gave it away.
    You do funny and deep equally well and that is an amazing gift.
    Happy your baby dog is back home.
    xxoo
    Weasel-friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Which is a fine start toward a sandwich."

    That made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ay, Chica, you brought a smile to my face and a little senseless giggling, too! lol Thank you! Your poetry affects me in some way EVERY TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wish my name was that long...cause size matters even in spaghetti noodles....

    ReplyDelete
  8. really enjoyed this one ~ especially the ending. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the laugh, I really needed that today. Fantabulous poem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaah... you made my day... I am smarter than a fence post...lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was hoping to see a poem with Desiderata rhyming with lambada one day and now I have. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to see the juggling act can you perhaps put that up on you tube? - perhaps the spaghetti noodles can be used to catch the donut holes - *snap*
    Shay you always get words to do your bidding they are giving me troubles

    Love for your day and to Bosco boy

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?