Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

In My Book

In my book,
there are pages and pages of you, babe.
I have organized my own alphabet,
and this is what it says:
"Oh yes, Mama like!"

In my Saturday,
there are no religious zealots,
nobody killing people, creatures, trees, themselves.
Call me shallow, I don't care.
What there is, is ice cream and trash tv.

In my closet,
there are only soft fabrics, 
pleasing colors,
nothing too tight or too young for me.
Everything smells nice,
cos of that junk I use in the dryer.

In my book,
things are moving right along.
It's Saturday,
there's sweet rolls in the oven,
and I've got the couch cushions arranged just so.
My dog is chewing on her blue crocodile.
All of this is necessary
if I am to engage the world and save it, the way I always do,

on Monday.

for Sherry Blue Sky's prompt at Real Toads.


22 comments:

  1. The only way to sanity, I think. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this! It just made me feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, I so love this! Thanks for taking part in the challenge, Shay. I ADORE your response. I think you have the right idea! And the video of that very smart border collie and his so cool person just made me deeply happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's how you do it! All I can say is: Yay for Saturday! Love the happy dog video too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know you are on the job. Each word has its own little bright color in the mosaic of this mural of a Day in the Life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes!!! If I'd had ice cream at home I'd have brought it out to do an ice cream-cheers with you right now! Wonderful write!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are "cusions"? :P

    This sounds like the perfect Saturday. Enjoy!

    The second and third stanzas are my favorites, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, Shay. This gave me gooseflesh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Saturdays, the way you describe them as emptying of all of the scatter, as breathing in strength and joy. Monday is another day. Sabbath is a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it is those Saturdays that gives us a reprieve; that brings balance into the chaotic world we must face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, that vid is a great illustration for this poem. Yay for icecream and trash tv and all the rest! On Saturday, so as to save the world again on Monday. Love it! And quite seriously, that change of pace and recharging of the batteries is so necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha. Terrific. Good work here and on Monday. k.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you are having a great Saturday. I enjoyed the video so much. What a clever dog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet, and the video--what a fun-loving dog that Cash is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. all of this *is* necessary. so cool ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds peaceful to me! And you describe my clothes, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, can this actually be an un-ironic paean of joy from Ms. Shay? No, don't answer that! I'll just think it is and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i would have sworn i commented on this already.

    don't want to be repetitious.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?