Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

English Morning


(I am a day late. Someone waylaid me! Happy Anniversary, my love. This is for you.)


Sometimes I am too much in the world--

My limbs knock together like stones, I am so protected.


Then, time spent with you changes everything--

Every place you touch turns to honey and jasmine.


Because of you, I remember who I am--

Under your touch, and in the light of your love,

Your woman opens,

She flows,

In brilliant soft blooms, she shapes your name before the jealous eyes of Heaven.

___________________

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful words, Shay,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent poetry - I love the last line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Tracey-Ann and Marty. The subject of the poem prefers to be a lady of mystery, but perhaps one day I can wrap a rope around her middle, attach it to the pommel and get Old Trigger to pull her into public view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "the jealous eyes of heaven" ooooo, yeah. What more of a line would you want in a poem, now or ever?

    And now I must go in search of a grape popsicle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Every place you touch turns to honey and jasmine.”
    That is my fav. line because it is just so special and beautiful.

    This poem is defiantly a testimony to an incredibly kind and remarkable woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no doubt that she found it worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jannie, Grace, Mama Zen,

    You just all make me smile. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I agree with Grace, that line is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful.... and the text matches the exquisite image of that purple tulip, too.
    Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I envy you both, it sounds perfect. Smile.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?