Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Whispers



I was just minding my business.

Simple washerwoman, that's me.

How could I have known

Seen

Ducked

What was to be?


Brassy, brassy,

That's you.

With the boardinghouse reach to pick off stuff you see.

Grab off

Sweep off

Their feet little gals like me.


Oh,

I know,

I could holler lemme lemme lemme lemme go!

Could shout it

Scream it

But you'd think I

Didn't mean it.


Now listen, you,

Hear me when I'm talking to you, Ma'am--

When I say stop

Cease

Desist

I'm whispering just as loudly as I can!

________________________________

11 comments:

  1. I call to you and I call to you but I don't call soft enough...

    Ain't no cure for love, baby.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vodka Mom,

    thank

    you!

    ___

    Ah, one of my favorite LC songs, Jannie. The version I know is sung by Jennifer Warnes. I really enjoyed your comment, it's pretty much perfect!

    I've got her like a habit....I'll never get enough....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, like-a-lot!


    Hope you have a delicious and
    fulfilling meal today in more
    ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, to be a fly on the wall.. er,um, ok, perhaps not (blush).

    So elequent for a washer-woman, you. Smile.

    My favouite Jennifer Warnes song is a duet with Cohen, "Joan of Arc", sends shivers down my spine. I must get another copy, mine jumps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Cynthia! I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Shrink, you fluster that poor player, that's why it jumps. ;-)
    (and I love that song, too, that very version)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are washer-men in my next novel .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, David, the washerwomen will be all atwitter. Good luck with your novel!

    I'm glad you liked it, Mama Zen. I was so happy when I wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. .... and did she hear your whispers? ... or ignore them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. She ignored them at first, then turned me loose. :***-(

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?