Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Plaidbeard



It is my pleasure to once again feature guest poet AnneEllen Foster, a woman of considerable and very original talent. Back on February first of this year, I featured her poem "The Rules", and this time I'm pleased to present her poem "Plaidbeard." Just follow the crowd of swooning women...


Plaidbeard

by AnneEllen Foster


I go to the circus in plaid taffeta

Pink and orange and turquoise blue

Against a fuscia field atop

A purple skirt and orange shoes

But nothing whatever underneath

Because there's a fine line between

Colorful and crackpot

And I like teetering


And she's out there somewhere

Anxious and hungry

The one who doesn't know

What hit her or what's coming next

Only that I claim everything

But want nothing

So I stick flags into her like DeSoto

And then sail away


The fact is I am less colonizer

Than merely a rank pirate

Come to claim the booty

Of all that was untouched

How do I get away with such pillage?

They don't expect a swashbuckler in taffeta

And never take arms against

A conquistador in orange shoes

____________

10 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Which way is the crowd of swooning women heading? Where can I read more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's OK, but she's NO Fireblossom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem, but not as good as you. Sorry, just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I liked it! Sneaky little thing, isn't she??

    ReplyDelete
  5. MZ, what we really need to do is lure her into our shadowy twilight world of blogging and make her one of us! Bwahahaha.

    I wonder if G-Man and RK would still be so sweet to me if I hadn't bribed them? ;-)

    Yes, Scarlet, she has her ways, that seems clear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehe, very entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she had with

    "Because there's a fine line between

    Colorful and crackpot

    And I like teetering"

    Been there and it was exhilarating ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like anyone in orange shoes :-)
    Lovely poem.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for introducing me to a new voice.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?