Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Transubstantiation



A little asphyxiation doesn't have to be end of the world.

A little cyanosis can bring a change of perspective.

But oh,

It's hard to hold a meaningful conversation,

Hard to kiss worth shit,

Hard to see very clearly

Through a fucking shrink-wrap caul

And you say

And you say

"Do your best"

"Don't disappoint us"

While holding the hemp rope tight.


So, I shed my skin.

I let my clawed and cattish heart out of its blue cage,

And you say

And you say

--eyes jesus-wet--

That I will burn.


Well, it takes air to make a fire,

And I will sing hard before I go down--

Like Alanis.

Like Janis.

Nobody likes dykes or poets, do they, but I am

Your daughter.

Your sister.

I am being all that I can be:


Me.

______

7 comments:

  1. I think "me" is all we can be. Nothing else would ever fit quite right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your face with the truth.

    I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, wow. Definitely the fiercest one I have seen from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you certainly can't be anyone else, without the mask.

    Be you -- and scream it loud, girl! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the best i've read here!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?