Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ten Dreams



My skin is keen to dream ten dreams--

One for each of your fingers.

I want to count each one

With my heartbeat,

Sweet One of mine.


I feel like a dangled strawberry.

I feel like a clever crime, gotten away with.

I feel like an ocean wave--

Slide into me,

Be moon to my tide.


I feel as if I were a new jar of peanut butter, smooth and

Just begging to be disturbed.

My arms are like the strands of a ribbon untied.

My hair is falling darkly over my right eye,

And my left is looking for trouble.


When you hold anything, I dream of the stems of lilies for weeks.

I am a wet vase.

Quick,

Kiss me now, before the stars move.

Make my bed your garden.

Tend my love with yours through the night.

______

11 comments:

  1. me too! :) almost non-sensical, but quite the opposite, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Kiss me now before the stars move"
    LOVE that!
    Thanks for sharing.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gol' dang you are amazing Shay! I love everything about this poem. Want to dive into that bed. Want to unfurl my ribbons of arms. Mess up the new peanut butter too.

    Just BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Make my bed your garden." Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lush, and lovely. As usual!
    A visual feast. Thanks! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an AWESOME poem. Just brilliant. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?