Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Snow In San Diego, And A Message-Bearing Tiger




I dreamt that a tiger came out of the ocean.


I dreamt that a tiger stepped out of the surf--


And the beach welcomed him like a geisha.


The beach said, "Welcome, sir."




I dreamt that I was alone.


So alone.


I dreamt that I was freezing,


And as fragile as a bell.




I rang myself, and it started to snow.


I rang myself, and it snowed like hell.




Tigers are so strong, there is no arguing with them--


On the beach, in the sleet.


His shoulders were massive as he stood before me


Inviting my heart to dance with his teeth.




He told me, "Your love is drowning, out there, with the ships."


I asked,


"Does she drown


With my name


On her lips?"




And then it was silent--


So silent,


And the tiger had nothing further to tell.




I woke up alone.


I woke up and knew--


Her touch was the tongue,


My body the bell.




I woke up alone


On waves of white,


Feeling surf and my heart


Recede with the night.


________




10 comments:

  1. Wow, Twin...I think this is my favorite one so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Feeling surf and my heart
    Recede with the night."

    I love that line. However, I now have Ring My Bell stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Inviting my heart to dance with his teeth." Dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read it twice, and both times I had to wonder if her name was on your lips - and it was the name you thought it was? Hmmm... PG is feeling deep this evening...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...how touching....I did have to read twice and look forward to the third, forth, fifth...

    "Inviting my heart to dance with his teeth. He told me, 'Your love is drowning, out there with the ships.' I asked, 'Does she drown with my name on her lips?'"

    Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your visions are extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oOo, Twin! I love it when anyone says that. I live to write the ones that just blow people out of their chairs. Thanks!

    Er...Ring My Bell? I don't think I know it. Thinkin thats a good thing?

    Yup, Pouty. This particular tiger is the Lord of Love. He's not a pet.

    Her name is on my lips all the time, PG. And I am not very sure that it's even the name SHE thought it was.

    Thanks, Kay, I love it when people say they read something more than once.

    Thank you much, Shadow. Sometimes I need a nap after i wake up, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tiger works purrfectly .. and now that I know its a she whose name shall not pass my lips, I am glad you went with it vs the kit ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is absolutely stunning, it's how I feel somehow...rather obtuse yet fitting. As always..thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! This one is just wonderful> I had to read 3 times to take it all in. You played these words magically!!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?