Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Puppet Theater



Gingerbread-Man Puppet and Pretty-Horse Puppet get married in the puppet theater.


Pretty-Horse Puppet has a mane like you wouldn't believe--

Don't think she doesn't know it, too,

Always tossing her head like that.


Fluffy-Tail Fox Puppet joins the puppet show.

Fluffy-Tail Fox Puppet and Pretty-Horse Puppet sleep together one afternoon.


In the evening, Gingerbread-Man Puppet spreads his soft, fingerless hands and wants to know,

"How could you sleep with Fluffy-Tail Fox Puppet? She's a girl!"

"She's a fox," points out Pretty-Horse Puppet.


They look at each other across the puppet theater, bouncing slightly as puppets will.

"I'm sorry, Gingerbread-Man Puppet, but our marriage is crumbling," says Pretty-Horse Puppet with a toss of her head.

"Bite me!" says Gingerbread-Man Puppet, which is a mistake.


In the next act, Pretty-Horse Puppet and Fluffy-Tail Fox Puppet are married and living in the puppet theater.

God doesn't mind.

They're puppets.

__________
When I was a child, I had a pair of puppets that my maternal grandmother had made. They were horses, Pretty-Horse Puppet and Barn-Boy Puppet. I also had a little puppet theater. I think that all of them were hand-me-downs...I know the theater was. Anyway, I was extremely partial to Pretty-Horse Puppet. I liked getting to be the girl. This is a surprise?

12 comments:

  1. I heard they had to get a restraining order against Flub-A-Dub!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love triumphs!!! hope the gingerbread-man puppet was a tasty one, heee heee heee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the conservative right know about the puppet agenda?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fornicating puppets..uh huh, uh huh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So .. which part did she bite?

    ReplyDelete
  6. *giggles* Never listen to gossip, G-Man!

    Yep, love triumphs, Shads. :-)

    Nope, MZ, they are too busy with town hall meetings!

    Oh my, Lou, there's an old-timey bible word! I don't think puppets would even know it!

    My lips are sealed, Daryl. ;-)

    *waggles a puppet at my Twin*

    Thank you, Joanna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting me.

    You have a new devotee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too funny. I do love the puppets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. God doesn't mind. They're puppets.

    LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?