Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Disappointed Teddy Bear



The disappointed teddy bear says,

"I was supposed to be cuddly, to sleep on a child's bed, guarding her dreams."

The unfulfilled flower pot says,

"I was supposed to bear beautiful flowers to line the garden, but instead I am upside down and stacked."

The teddy bear's heart is as heavy as the rest of him.

The flower pot's heart is full, but only with emptiness.

This is why it rains in the garden--

It is the only way they can cry.

________


Photograph by Daryl Edelstein. Once again, Daryl's photography has moved me to write a poem to go with the picture she created. Click on the title of the poem to visit her original post!

17 comments:

  1. A lot of rain in blog land today...one day it was cats and now it's "lluvia."

    Teddy bear tears are the saddest...and I hope he sees a rainbow today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's simply awesome! I never thought you could bring out such powerful emotion in such few lines and simple too. It was like shouting out "my heart aches" in a way that anyone would hear and anyone who hears it will feel the pain too. Beautifully expressed. Now, I'd have to agree that emotions are not brought out by words alone. It can also translate into such simple yet powerful expressions... Wonderful! Fabulous! Fantastic...

    Keep writing my dear friend, I'll be closely following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful... even though it's sad. now you've got me feeling guilty about them teddy's on the shelf, heee heee heeeee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud...
    (The sound of cement tears hitting the deck)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very moving. Even though Im not particularly fond of teddy bearts (I'm a girl who likes Monkeys) its always sad to see a misplaced toy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so honored to have inspired you who inspires me every day .. you do, really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi'
    Got to you through Shadow...
    I love your post, lucky me to find somebody able to write such beautiful words from a photo so full of (sad) life which seems not to have any at first sight...
    Very well done
    Thank you. :)
    (Dulce)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the pot and teddy sit side-by-side as best friends watching the world turn round them laughing....

    you are always a clever one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi..very interesting about the teddy bear and the pot..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful but sad..... There's always next spring :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, pot, at least you're stacked!

    Seriously, Shay, nothing breaks my heart like the image of a neglected teddy bear. Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a clever gal. Now I feel for both the flower pot annnnnd the little teddy. Poor wee fellas. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, I just love this, but I am a fanatic about Teddy Bears! So Sad, beautiful but sad:(

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?