Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Tanqueray



Little damage-flower,

All razor blades and roses,

Think my name

And I will be there to hold you

As smooth as the inside of a shell.


Little oriole,

In your hanging nest,

I have smuggled in a cat and some Tanqueray.

Send down the rope ladder--

Let me in.


I know

That you are beyond saving,

But let's get drunk and call the cat our familiar;

It will be magic enough for me

To be happy for a minute and not get caught.


Little smoker,

I love your flame.

Tomorrow,

There will still be water enough to walk into.

Tomorrow,

I will have to save somebody else--

Maybe even

Myself--

But tonight,

Let me kiss your cheek, your lips, your hands,

While the gin and your room and your skin

Are warm and soft and not yet gone.

___________


13 comments:

  1. That last line is one of the most romantic things I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a night like that and wake up with words like yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jameson, Nocci & PInucci (the rates) are my version.

    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "But tonight,

    Let me kiss your cheek, your lips, your hands,

    While the gin and your room and your skin

    Are warm and soft and not yet gone."

    Wow! I says, Woooow! I'm speechless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You paint brilliant tapestries with your words miss Shay! Still stoked I am with each visit. Bravo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am memorizing the last line. It's so perfectly romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, everyone. I am especially pleased that you all liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. razor blades and roses -- consider that STOLEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?