Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, September 7, 2009

My Dream Of Sevens



I am the only one.

When I blow on the candle next to my bed,

It lights and burns.

When I pour water from the pitcher to the bowl,

It makes the morning come.

Come and kiss me,

Right now.

By the time my pen meets the page,

I'll be gone.

It's what I've tried to tell you all along--

I am a condition of atmosphere.

Mine are the lips,

Mine are the hands

That can both create and calm your gorgeous storm.

I am the Queen Bitch your demons are afraid of.

I am the sweet dream who gets up and makes you breakfast.

I am the rain off a bird's wings,

And I am the ridiculous girl who'll believe any outlandish thing

You press to my ear with your tongue.

I am all of these.

I am the one,

The only one

Who loves you this fiercely

This helplessly

This endlessly.

I am the girl with a gift, and I long to place it in your hand,

Closing your fingers around it with my own;

If only you would reach out

And let me.

_________

14 comments:

  1. Hmmm..unrequited love. It hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Create and calm your gorgeous storm." I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Mama Zen. Love that line - love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb! You're so natural with your words. And this one is a fine blend of sensuality and metaphysics. Loved it.

    "When I blow on the candle next to my bed,

    It lights and burns."

    Cheers for this particular lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many lines in this that gave me pause. Your words are lovely, and sad, and heartfelt. Thanks for sharing.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many have you seduced with this one, my friend? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its like the glass slipper, your hand. Someday it will fit perfectly into another's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Shay,
    I am here, I am slowly catching up. I promise I will go back and read all the poetry I have missed. It is now "Shay Time.":)

    This was very sad and beautiful, with every word written I can feel the emotion just pouring out.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. You often wonder if people know what they have.
    ....Or had!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought today was all about the 9s?

    This was a really good one. I like the line about the Queen Bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is "My Dream Of Sevens" because seven is widely regarded as a lucky number, but in numerology it is an obstacle number.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?