Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Romantic




My love,


If some small thing that I have done has charmed you,




If you think to yourself, how sweet, only she would do that...


Remember that one day, probably soon, when we hate each other,




The very same thing will set your teeth on edge and make you want to bury an ax in my skull.


You will complain about it,




Describing it to your friends, and the friends will exclaim that such an action is indeed


Unnatural


Unbelievable


Horrifying.




My darling,


Someday soon, when loathing and disgust have reached their peak,


Perhaps we will laugh it off,




Perhaps we will forget each other entirely.


But maybe,




After enough others' embraces have filled us with an unbearable ennui,


After you have forgotten the details of the little thing I did today,




Perhaps then we will both receive the heavy and impossible guest Regret;


And if we do,




Despite its being laughably too late,


We will know




That it really was true love we had.


____________
Mary Pickford wallpaper by Sylvie.

13 comments:

  1. This is a very wise and mature way to break up... Lovely dear Blossom
    Thank you dear Sylvia for coming by and wishing me a happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. strange how the appealing in the beginning become the annoying later on... you got me thinking here a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. to be so aware of the hurt that joins hands with the pleasure of love...in the end, at least you knew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its never too late but sometimes love is not enough

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this. I love the way you establish such a sweet, lilting tone, then slip in an ax in the skull.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dulce, birthday girl! I hope that it's been a good one! Now then...Sylvia? "Who is Sylvia, what is she, that all our swains commend her?" Shakespeare aside, my name is Shay, but you probably didn't know that. I think the picture credit (Sylvie) threw you off. ;-)

    oOo, maybe thinking will lead to a brand new wonderful Shadow poem?

    Thanks, PG!

    We Geminis love duality, Kay.

    True on both counts, Daryl.

    You know me, MZ. I'm all about those Lizzie Borden moments. ;-)

    Well, Rk...yeah! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exulted, Sad, a tart twist.
    A real little poem-machine!
    this word garden feeds me and repays visits richly!!!!


    Aloha


    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never really know until you give yourself completely if you will discover true love. It's part of the deal, and even if it doesn't end well, you're left with the memories, bittersweet, beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous... and so true. Great observation Shay. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these words "the heavy and imossible guest regret"...I think regret and guilt are waste of emotion, they're pointless.
    But I've never come across a better description- reminds me of Runi's poetry.Congrats on your Roasting, that's how I got here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn. You read my mind. Before I even thought it.

    This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?