Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Childish Question



When I was young,

And the sun was higher in the sky,


I wanted to see

The Cathedral of Notre Dame


And the

Little gypsy dancer.


I wanted to be

A small white goat wearing a bell;


I wanted to wander

Where my hooves would echo with the remains of saints.


I have always done this--

Mixed the sacred and the profane;


Goats are goats--

Music, to them, is all the same.


So now here I am,

And the sun has gone much lower.


I would still like to meet

That gypsy dancer

Before I meet God.


Do you think

I can get to Paris from here?


And can you tell me

Is there really sanctuary


With God and all His bells

Or in the changing sky of a woman's heart?

________

12 comments:

  1. no reason not to keep the questions and dreams we had as a child
    have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another good one from you. But do I notice a repeated mentioning of Gypsies in your poems? Correct me if I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have this little round metal ball on a chain around my neck and there's a tiny delicate little bell inside. and this i 'ring' when i need an answer, and when it 'rings' by itself, i look up and see what it wants me to see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I would still like to meet
    That gypsy dancer
    Before I meet God."

    That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its all about heart, baby, all about heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ekanthapadhikan, you are right, gypsies turn up frequently in my poetry, as do cats (especially grey cats), succubi and magicians.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have found no sanctuary in God.

    However, I have experienced a succubus a few times... can't say she's all bad ;-)



    I do envy Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Shay
    you can go to Paris see and be that gypsy for a day or two, and get back and go on with your beautiful life!
    And we can meet in the way, BTW!
    *Smiles* :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "So I'm back, to the velvet underground. Back to the floor, that I love. To a room with some lace and paper flowers. Back to the gypsy that I was."

    We are all searching.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?