Kreativ Blogger Award
If there seems to be an extra strut in my step today, it is because Mama Zen at The Zen of Motherhood has given me the Kreativ Blogger Award. I appreciate it, but I hope she doesn't think this means she owns me. ;-)
There are rules involved. I am supposed to list seven interesting things about myself and then pass the award on. I can do this. I can do this.
1. I am a mean Jeopardy player. If I could ever get on the show, I could probably make a bundle. They actually had a contestant call here once. You had to send a postcard to some radio station and then they would randomly draw a certain number of names to try out to be on the show. Mine was not chosen. I could live with that. But some guy, who just showed up, ended up being chosen. What's up with that? Rules are rules, are they not? I'm all about rules. Ask anyone.
2. I went to the beauty supply store today after work to fetch some new hairbands. I've totally got the Hillary Clinton 1996 look down. There was a wide one in bright red, with white skulls and crossbones on it. Perfect for a twelve year old. I picked it up. I told myself no, and put it back. I picked it up again and threatened to make a scene. I made myself promise only to wear it around the house. I eagerly accepted the terms. I bought myself the bright red, skull + x-bones hairband. I will probably wear it to work tomorrow. Ha! I'll show me!
3. I have an unreasoning horror of all bugs with lots of legs, such as centipedes, millipedes, silverfish and the like. *shiver* I even hate mentioning them, just to say how much I hate them. Yick.
4. I LOVE the Winter Olympics! I love short track! I love snowboarding! I love alpine skiing! I love hockey! Especially women's hockey! I love love love LOVE Lindsey Vonn! *sighhhhhhhhh* I love luge and bobsledding! I love long track! I love it! I LOVE IT!
5. Someone sent a colony of bees through the mail once. They were in a crate made of wood and mesh. It was about the size of a steamer trunk. it wasn't for my route, it was for the one next to me, and nobody would deliver it cos they were all afraid of it. The bees were starting to die, which distressed me, so intrepid mail lady Shay delivered those bees herself. What's the buzz, tell me what's a-happening...
6. I don't feel like doing a six.
7. I like silly songs from the 1920s. A turn to the right, a little white light, will lead you to my blue heaven. :-)