Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Random Filler

Hello, darlings. Your favorite old Irish washerwoman here. Speaking as a drudge, I can tell you that a woman's work is never done. At least, this week, it seems like mine isn't. And so you see, I have written nothing new in the past day and a half. It's just like my mother always said, I am a lazy slug no man will ever want to marry. Well, at least some good has come out of it!

Please forgive me for no poem today. Instead, I offer up a vision of what I might rather be doing, if I were not hunched over my wash like a galley slave, and if I were young, and hot, and could smile without showing all my missing teeth and catching my hand in the wringer. Oh well. Pass the Oxydol and damn the torpedoes.

Enjoy. 

12 comments:

  1. ah i hope i never get too old for that...galley slave can be a fun game too...umm...i need to run along now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all must toil, sadly. I can't remember what age I was it hit me that the woman's work saying was TRUE--probably looking at my worthless second husband the accountant drinking & watching MTV on the couch while I cooked and then washed the dishes, after laying sod all day at work--Glory hallelujah there's no more of that.Take a break when you can, the weekend's almost here.

    RE: the two lovely ladies, why is their hair so perfect?? I never looked like that in bed, even when I was young enough to care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is good to be a lazy
    slug... I would take the laundry over
    to a friend that had an automatic
    washer and enjoy the wait.!!

    Have a good weekend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day and a half with nothing new? Get off your lazy ass woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I remember wringer washers, when I had two kids in diapers and a lazy-ass husband. Was always afraid my boob would get caught in there, as I scrunched the clothes through - sorta like an early mammogram:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you, you're a feckin' riot, you

    and you'll be kindly cuttin' the crap and gettin' to the writin'...

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol! You poor wee washerwoman! I bet you scrub up beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm doesnt look like that slaving is all too bad

    ha that is a great filler no more comments or I will get in trouble

    Moonie smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been a lazy slug all day. It feels good to do nothing once in a while.
    Happy weekend and hoping the wash is done soon.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too.
    I'd much rather be causing dirty laundry than cleaning it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you sure that my magazine isn't on the truck? Would you mind checking?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never apologize for not posting on your own blog... or much else, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?