Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Superfluous Post-Holiday Ski Vacation Pulp Novel Excerpt

"Janice," remarked Darlene, "I've just got to have that jello salad recipe of yours!"

"Oh sure!" answered Darlene brightly. "I think I wrote it down and taped it to your tonsils while you were sleeping. Let me check and make sure!"

Then Brad said, "Honey? We're going to miss the chair lift! Honey? Um....should I just go on ahead or...???"

"Brad," Janice finally replied, lifting a hand to her throat in dismay, "I think I left my mood ring in the chalet. I'm just going to run back for it. You go on ahead!"

Then, turning to Darlene, she said, "Come with?"


(From "Aspen Interlude" by Cynthia Smith, now in its fifteenth shocking printing!)

14 comments:

  1. Pulp, what do you mean pulp... this is a novel about a secret love, passionate lust and yellow snow...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mood ring! LOL!

    Loved it, Shay! Thanks for the giggles on a Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darkness has conquered / Brad and Janice.../ The tonsils gone to / a distant planet...woh oh oh oh At the Late Night/Double Feature/ Chalet Snow. Lift.

    ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee. Loved it - and also Hedgewitch's comment:) Hoots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tiger-friend,
    You know that when I read this post I thought I was at the blog of an over-50 fashion blogger?? Context is EVERYTHING. When I thought it was at her blog I was a bit shocked. WHen I realized I was at your blog I laughed my ass off( that is my exercise for the day). I should have known it was you at the recipe and the mood ring!
    xoxo
    Weasel-friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. me thinks me knows where this is heading...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect after Thanksgiving post - with the jello salad taping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does Darlene really need a look at Janice's mood ring at this point?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a silly place to put a jello recipe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Jello :-)
    Fifteenth printing- Wow!
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesim, fierblossim!! that maeks me smile.

    and i see yoo haz that foto up wot my jannie lieked so mutch, the f-tard one. i not suposed to say such werds, butt i can thinks them, hee hee.

    oxox

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?